Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Little Fall Inspiration

This weekend was filled with driving as my husband and I road tripped up to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to celebrate my niece's second birthday.  The view was stunning and I became inspired by the muted fall colors that are appearing outside.  Iowa right now is in this transitional phase where things went from bold and vibrant reds, golds and oranges to more muted colors.  Last weekend I was determined to get an idea I've had in my head for probably a couple of years now out and visualized.  And so far, I am so in love with how it's coming.  I realized during the long drive that these muted colors would be so perfect in this space....although I'm taking it in a slightly different direction.  Grays, whites with pops up color here and there are going to make up this master suite.  It's open, airy and I think it's going to turn out in this blending of a natural, spa-like luxury atmosphere.  It will be understated yet completely glamorous in it's own way.  And, of course, my love for my downtown loft I currently live in is also making an appearance and influence in my design.
Here is an in-progress render:


It's clearly in progress as it's rendering too bright through the windows, no materials have been applied, but the general feel is there.  I want the space to be open and airy, using the headboard as the only divider between the bedroom and bathroom.  The closet will be located behind the bathroom--it has yet to be designed and flushed out. I realize with all of the large floor-to-ceiling windows that there is a definite need for some sense of privacy, which is why there will be a track system running along the soffit in the ceiling which will allow for curtains to be pulled as needed.
I am having a lot of fun working on this and can't wait to pick it up tomorrow where I've left off.  I'm thinking I will start creating an electronic materials board to track my finishes inspiration.

“The drama of [an] interior doesn’t come from the obvious; it comes from the strength of the point of view. The rooms are sets—not for theater, but for living.”—Interior designer Vicente Wolf, August/September 01

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment